Friday, April 30, 2010





When the tube went into meltdown recently and I had to get to Embankment from Canary Wharf I took the boat.

This is what I saw. Imagine that being the daily commute - I'd feel so renewed every day. London does not make the most of the river - it would be a different city if someone could get the boats linked up with the rest of public transport, running more frequently and cheaply. I think we'd all be a bit more relaxed if that happened.

8 comments:

kristina - no penny for them said...

what a beautiful thought.

kristina - no penny for them said...

p.s.: aren't there boats running between tate britain and tate modern? or don't they do that anymore?

charlotte said...

kristina, hello! yes, there are but none of the boats are really joined up. i'd love to take the boat from battersea to canary wharf but it would involve two boats run by separate companies and great expense! hopefully one day it will be possible...

Kathryn Dyche said...

Beautiful pics, love seeing images from the UK. I'm from just south of Oxford but live in the US now. Thankfully I'll be doing a trip home in a couple of weeks. :0)

claire said...

yes! i think that would be wonderful. more boats along the thames.

just beautful, c.

Debi van Zyl said...

What a morning sight. I wish Los Angeles had a functioning river. Beautiful photos.
dvz

Adiya said...

Wow!! This is beautiful. Yeah, if you see that sight every morning you'll never have a grouchy Monday morning!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!