Friday, October 08, 2010




This summer we took the train, the Eurostar to Paris and then the TGV down through most of France.

We arrived in Toulouse on a Saturday night at the end of June and it was hot. People were outdoors, picnicking by the river - I lost count of the bottles of rosé along the Garonne - and everyone was summer happy.

We drank Campari at Le Florida on the Place du Capitole and remembered celebrating a friend's wedding there six years before when were were much younger and stayed up all night.

Dinner was a guilty pleasure - steak and chips at L'Entrecôte with a bottle of house red that always tastes better than it should. 


Early the next day after a breakfast of hot chocolate and people watching at the Marché des Carmes we stocked up on fruit, cheese, bread and wine and drove south west for two weeks of quiet. I always miss Toulouse when I leave. 


- Kodak E100 GX - Nikon FM2 - 

5 comments:

Munkie said...

these are fabulous, love the sun in the middle shot. I live 1 hour from Toulouse, it is indeed a wonderful city. In fact I shall go to Printemps de Septembre there on Sunday, an annual contemporary art event.

Next time you are here............

Astrid said...

I enjoyed reading this. Makes me miss summer and Provence.

Stephanie said...

That sounds divine, C.

Oh summer, you are gone already, aren't you?

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Glorious!

Anonymous said...

"Dinner was a guilty pleasure - steak and chips at L'Entrecôte with a bottle of house red that always tastes better than it should."

i am always reminded just how much i enjoy your writing when i stop by here, charlotte. your photos are always so good, but your words are, too.