Tuesday, December 21, 2010



I have never had a white Christmas.

Growing up on the coast in the south west of England, snow was a rare event - it hardly ever fell and when it did the salty air made sure it didn't hang around for long.

Right now, my childhood beach is under six inches of snow and instead of the crunch of pebbles the crunch of white stuff can be heard whilst walking along it.

To me, that's insane. Completely insane. London's also under several inches (I shot these photos of a white Battersea Park recently) and Hampshire, where I'll be for Christmas, is looking pretty white as well. The thought of a white Christmas... well, it kind of blows my mind.

- Nikon FM2 - Fuji Provia 400X -

11 comments:

Astrid said...

Finally! Yay for a white Christmas!

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Its guaranteed. Enjoy.

read me... said...

Messing up peoples travel plans aside I am really hoping that we have snow on Christmas Eve with a lovely fresh white coating for Christmas Day!!!

Have a wonderful festive season Charlotte!

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

A white Christmas is something I used to always hope for when I lived in Chicago. It was much more likely then. I don't think we'll see one here in San Francisco. I wonder how far we'd have to drive to catch a glimpse of some snow. It's tempting...

hanne said...

white christmas here aswell!
LOVE!

Munkie said...

I had my first white christmas the first year I came to France.
Enjoy!!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I'm guessing you do not need to travel anywhere + you are exactly where you want to be this Christmas.

Enjoy!

Marion said...

lovely atmosphere !

thisisnaive said...

I'm going to be in Hampshire too for Christmas. I want to go to a white New Forest!

claire said...

so jealous. and also, so happy for you. x

kitchu said...

i grew up with white Christmases and miss them so much. hope you are enjoying the snow!