Saturday, May 21, 2011
Paris at the end of January was cold. Not the kind of damp, miserable cold that we get in London but a ferocious bone aching cold that bit hard and was made for spending time indoors.
We did a lot of that over those two days and whilst most of it involved excellent meals, occasionally food in Paris does disappoint.
So, what's the best thing to do after a mediocre meal at a restaurant that used to be good?
Go to a jazz bar that stays open very, very late, or really early - whichever way you choose to look at it - drink Camparis standing up at the bar, swaying a bit to the awesome jazz the band are belting out a few feet away and shout to your friends that you can't hear what they're saying.
Matt says I'm the only person he knows who will drink an aperitif all night long. That may be so but I can't think of a better place to do it than a small, dark bar on the rue Daunou in Paris.
- Nikon FM2 - Ilford Delta 3200 -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
these are dynamite! something so right about a late night in a dark bar in paris...
holy cow, charlotte. these are just killer, and i hope every single one of them is on flickr so i can go favorite them all.
And we still need to share a Campari or two.
I love these b&w shots!!!
I went to Paris for the first time in January when I was 21 and remember that cold well but for some reason, it might have been my idea, we went up the Eiffel Tower rather than staying inside, listening to music and drinking. Silly really.
This is a ggreat post thanks
Post a Comment